Wiregrass Church Reopening Plan
Date of reopening: May 31, 2020
On-Campus 9:30 AM & 11:00 AM
Children are welcome to attend, but must remain with their parent/guardian at all times.
Online 11:00 AM
*On-demand via Facebook & YouTube starting approximately one hour after live-stream
1. Our normal auditorium capacity of 700 people will be limited to 300 to ensure compliance with social distancing and adequate space between individuals/families.
2. Based on our past average weekly attendance as well as the results from our survey, we anticipate 75-100 people will attend each of our on-campus services when we initially re-open.
3. TV viewing areas will be set up in the hallway for those who prefer social distancing of more than the recommended 6 feet.
4. If attendance exceeds our ability to observe social distancing guidelines for two consecutive weeks, we will add additional service times to accommodate increased on-campus attendance while maintaining social distancing as recommended by state guidelines.
Building and Parking Lot Preparations
1. We will hire a custodial company to conduct deep cleaning of the entire building before services. This deep cleaning included the use of chemicals and disinfectants as recommended and directed for combating COVID-19.
2. Volunteers will clean key areas between services times, paying attention to countact areas where germs are easily transferred (e.g. seating, counters, bathrooms, door handles, light switches, etc.)
3. Due to the extremely high demand for commercial hand sanitizer, we cannot guarantee that hand sanitizer will be available. Due to liability risks, we will not provide homemade sanitizers. You are welcome and encouraged to bring your own.
4. Signs are posted throughout the building to encourage non-contact greetings and social distancing.
5. All pens, information cards, etc. have been removed from the lobby.
6. We encourage practicing social distancing in the parking lot. Interaction with others in the parking lot is at your own risk. It is acceptable to ask others who attempt to approach you to maintain their distance
1. Those who have had any illness or symptoms including fever, cough, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle or body ache, etc. should not attend services on campus for two weeks after their symptoms have ceased. This includes staff and volunteers.
2. Outside doors will open 30 minutes before each service.
3. Everyone will be instructed to proceed from their car directly to their seat. Please do not congregate in the lobby or hallways.
4. Auditorium seating has been arranged to observe social distancing guidelines. Guest Services will help arrange group seating for couples and families as needed.
5. We will not have Waumba Land, UpStreet, Transit, or InsideOut environments the first few weeks that we reopen. Our decision to resume family ministry services will be based on information we receive from state and local authorities, parents, and children’s ministry volunteers over the next several weeks.
6. Children are welcome to attend both services with their parents/guardians.
7. Masks are welcome but not required. Senior adults and those with compromised immune systems who attend are encouraged to wear a mask. Masks will not be provided.
8. We will not pass offering buckets. Giving stations will be positioned in the rear of the auditorium where guests can place their offerings. We encourage online, mobile, or automated giving options.
9. We will not offer the GALLERY in person for newcomers following the service. Instead, we would like the opportunity to arrange a video call later during the week with one of our pastoral staff members or small group leaders so that we can introduce ourselves, get to know you, and answer any questions you may have about Wiregrass Church.
10. We will dismiss services in an orderly manner to ensure social distancing is maintained as people exit the auditorium and building.
Amenities: Coffee, Restroom, and Hand Sanitizer
1. Our complimentary coffee will be temporarily suspended. You are welcome to bring coffee or drinks with you, and we ask you to discard your trash in the provided receptacles to reduce potential exposure to our volunteers.
2. Due to the extremely high demand for commercial hand sanitizer, we cannot guarantee hand sanitizer will be available for our guests. Due to liability risks, we will not provide homemade sanitizers. You are welcome and encouraged to bring your own.
3. Restrooms will be available with limited occupancy. Restroom attendants will frequently wipe down door handles, toilet handles, counters, and sinks.
Staff: Greeters and Volunteers
1. Our Guest Services volunteers will continue to welcome and greet guests, but have been instructed to refrain from shaking hands, giving hugs, or making physical contact.
2. We will keep our doors propped open or have the greeters hold them open for everyone. We ask guests not to handle doors when entering or exiting the building.
3. Members of our Guest Services team will monitor restrooms to limit occupancy. They will also remind guests to wash their hands and practice social distancing. Volunteers will frequently wipe down door handles, toilet handles, sink handles, and counters.
1. Groups that typically meet off-campus in homes may resume meeting in person at the discretion of the group host and leader.
2. Those who have had any illness or symptoms including fever, cough, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle or body ache, etc. should not attend small group gatherings for two weeks after their symptoms have ceased. This includes staff and volunteers.
3. We discourage the sharing of homemade food items among group members at this time. Instead, each group member should bring food for personal consumption. Sharing of prepackaged food from a grocery store is acceptable provided special attention is given to the sanitizing of cups, plates, and utensils.
Preschool and Children
1. There will be no children's ministry for the week that we reopen. We will evaluate our ability to reopen Waumba Land and UpStreet each week based on the information we receive from state and local authorities.
2. Children that attend services with their parents/guardians should remain with them at all times and will not be permitted to roam freely through the building. This includes going to and from the restrooms.
Bands and Production Team
1. Production Team members may work closer than six feet apart when equipment is unable to be relocated.
2. Microphones, headphones, computers, laptops, work surfaces, etc. are thoroughly cleaned after each use, and a record is kept after every cleaning. Only isopropyl alcohol or other alcohol-based cleaners may be used for cleaning production equipment.